Terms & conditions of use of avocetrisk.com (and any related AVOCET sites and our sub-domains)
Access to and use of this site is provided by Avocet Risk Management Ltd (AVOCET) and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions which take effect at the time you first access the site.
2. If you do not accept these terms and conditions you must not use this site.
- AVOCET reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. It is your responsibility to refer to these terms and conditions on accessing this site.
- Continued use of this site after such changes to the terms and conditions constitutes acceptance of those posted changes.
- AVOCET reserves the right to make this site unavailable at any time or to restrict access to parts or all of the site without notice.
- The AVOCET logo is the property of Avocet Insurance Consultants and Avocet Risk Management Limited.
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights, including any trade marks or copyright in the content of this site, are owned by AVOCET or its third party suppliers. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting any licence or right to use any of the intellectual property of AVOCET except as otherwise provided on this site.
- Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial use, or in accordance with AVOCET’s linking terms and conditions.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use of or enjoyment of this site by any third party.
- If you choose to Register on this site, you may be asked to enter a username and password (“Log-in details”). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of these Log-in details and must not allow anyone else to use these Log-in details. You must immediately inform AVOCET of any unauthorised use of your Log-in details. This can be done by e-mailing email@example.com
- If you contribute to the site, through features such as “Forums”, “Blogs” or any other means, which, from time to time are available, you agree not to contribute material that:
(i) contains anything which is obscene, libellous, pornographic or otherwise objectionable or illegal;
(ii) violates or infringe any statutory, common law, copyright design right or any other intellectual property rights of any other person or entity;
(iii) contains material, the publication of which would be in breach of confidence or in contempt of Court;
(iv) contains viruses, trojans or other similar “malware” or contaminating or destructive code or features.
- AVOCET is not responsible for material posted by Registrants on its site. AVOCET however reserves the right to delete or edit such material at its sole discretion and without notice.
- AVOCET reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to this site and/or Log-in details at its sole discretion and without notice.
- You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend AVOCET and all of its representatives, owners, employees and suppliers from any and all loss, damage and expense (including legal fees) incurred by AVOCET on account of any claim or lawsuit arising out of or related to your use of this site or material posted on this site under your Log-in details, whether or not authorised by you.
- You accept that when you leave this site (whether knowingly or not) AVOCET can no longer be responsible in any way for any material that you encounter and AVOCET excludes (to the fullest extent permitted by law) any liability that may arise with respect to or as a result of such material causing any damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind.
- AVOCET does not represent or warrant the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or suitability of the content. Some content may contain pricing information, however at no time does AVOCET act as a vendor. AVOCET disclaims liability for this content.
- AVOCET will not be liable for any claims, losses, including but not limited to direct, indirect, special, economic and consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of revenue or loss of goodwill), whether in contract, negligence or other tortuous action arising out of or in connection with the use of this site.
- AVOCET does not warrant that this site is free of viruses, other malware, hacking attempts or errors or that this site is compatible with all computer systems and browsers.
- This site may include links to other sites on the world wide web. AVOCET makes no warranties as to the suitability or accuracy of the content of any of those sites.
- AVOCET accepts no liability for any product or service advertised, supplied or otherwise promoted on this site by any third party. AVOCET accepts no liability for any product or service advertised, supplied or otherwise promoted on this site by AVOCET unless categorically stated for a specific product or service. AVOCET also disclaims liability for any downloadable software or other items on this site.
- AVOCET does not warrant that any of the products or services linked to or advertised on this site comply with data protection or other relevant legislation and AVOCET accepts no liability whatsoever for any claim arising from such products or services.
- AVOCET is happy to accept comments, stories or other submissions from its users. AVOCET is under no obligation to publish any such material and such material shall be considered to be the property of AVOCET. AVOCET may dispose of such material at its discretion.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The failure or delay of AVOCET to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive AVOCET’s right to enforce that right.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
- Avocet Risk Management Ltd (AVOCET) is incorporated as a company in England and Wales with registration number number 7771117. The registered address is at 3, Preston Parade, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 4AA, UK.
Last modification: 5 March 2020